Everyone likes to keep a clean home. But if there was mold in your home, Would you be able to spot the mold warning signs? According to a 2003 University of Arizona study, 100 percent of homes have mold. Shocking isn’t it?
What damages can mold do in your home?
– mold can weaken the walls and ceiling of your home
– it can make your family ill or cause allergy problems such as nasal and throat irritation
– it can also make it harder to sell your home
Where does mold grow?
Mold can grow in any damp, warm place in your home. Mildew is commonly found in most bathrooms. Mold can grow in a damp basement. Surprisingly, mold can develop underneath or under a refrigerator. If you have damp carpeting, that is the perfect environment to grow mold.
How can you prevent mold?
The best way to prevent moisture is to keep your home dry. Repair any cracks or leaks in walls, foundation, or plumbing. Make sure rooms are well ventilated. Use a dehumidifier to remove excess moisture from your home.
If you do spot mold in your home, it needs to be removed immediately. Using a mixture of bleach and water is very effective at removing most mold.
If you see mold warning signs or have a serious mold problem and need help, don’t panic. There are professional mold removal and water restoration companies that find mold, remove it, and repair any damage caused to your home.